This Week @ Portigal
- I’m spending the day hanging out in Toronto, my stomping grounds from a previous life. This weekend was the fantastic Fluxible conference. I gave a 5-minute talk about The Power of Silence (slide), as well as the first-ever version of my new workshop The Designer Is Present (slides). I learned a lot from the people who participated, and I can’t wait to do this workshop again (hint-hint!).
- I fly back home tomorrow and then on Wednesday I’ll be speaking to the Rome UX Book Club (via G+ Hangout).
- On Thursday I’m flying to LA to speak about Interviewing Users at an overflowing event.
- I’ll also take advantage of the (brief) time in LA to meet up with the new team at an old client’s newish campus as well as see the James Turrell retrospective at LACMA. And try to cram in some delicious meals in my spare moments. We’ll see!
- Ten years gone: From September 2003 – ‘Photoshopping’ grows into a subculture art form.
- What we’re consuming: Lake of Bays Brewing Company, Beau’s All Natural Brewing Co., Block 3 Brewing Company.