This Week @ Portigal
Ugh. The Monday after a long weekend is dislocating. The fact that I stayed up until 2:00 am restoring an errant PC is probably not helping.
- I’m moving forward with a large project, working through the articles we’ve gathered to try and establish an initial hypothesis as well as parameters for screening the most helpful participants. And while it’s fun to dwell in problem-framing, project schedules require we move forward, so I’m starting to plan the screening for upcoming fieldwork in Denver and in DC in August.
- I’m serving as player-coach for an in-house UX research team and they are moving forward, with my input, on establishing the parameters of the study and reaching out to more stakeholders as they commit to the details of what they are going to learn – and importantly – what they aren’t going to be answering, yet.
- In London this October, I’ll be at Interact 15 to teach a workshop, Soft Skills Are Hard.
- Ten years gone: From July 2005 – Real Women, Real Beauty, Fake Ethnography, The Sign of The Organization With Extra Words in the Title, feminist cultural issues in Bewitched and I Dream of Jeannie, Attack of the $1 DVDs.
- What we’re consuming: Sushi Plus, Land Ho, Death Metal/You’re The One That I Want, Robert Frank, Resurrection After Exoneration, Paris Baguette.