This Week @ Portigal
Happy March, everyone!
- I head to San Jose tomorrow to meet with our client team and talk about what we’ve learned so far and lead a discuss about where we can focus the analysis to ensure the research will provide the most value to the team.
- The rest of this week is heavily focused on about a dozen engagements in various phases of conversation, budgeting, waiting, scheduling, negotiating, sourcing and the like. It’s a bit overwhelming but at the same time very welcome.
- Video from my World IA Day DC workshop, The Designer is Present, is here (and the slides are here).
- Just announced, I’ll be doing a new talk, Moments of Influence, in collaboration with Dan Szuc and Jo Wong of Apogee. The event is April 1 in San Francisco, organized by IxDA SF.
- I’m interviewed by Lou Rosenfeld in this brief podcast about the upcoming Enterprise UX conference.
- Out on the town: On Wednesday evening I’ll be at the launch party for Indi Young’s new book Practical Empathy.
- Ten years gone: From March 2005 – Blobjects exhibit, Shopdropping culinary misadventures via Deadprogrammer’s Cafe, Eames sell out
- What we’re consuming: Cookie Monster wisdom, Gone Girl, ticklish hedgehog, Force Majeure.