This Week @ Portigal
Greetings from Southern California
- While a week ago it wasn’t clear what would happen, as it turned out I spent most of last week in Southern California, doing field research in and around Los Angeles. Today I begin to dive into the data with my client to see what opportunities we can identify. The fieldwork was fun and provocative and I expect the discussions to be rewarding. I’ll be working with them on-site and then wrapping up everything by Friday!
- Out on the town: I’ll be at the Gizmodo Happy Hour in LA tonight (Monday). Maybe some Angelenos I know will be there?
- Early next week I’ll be in Seattle for a a workshop and a talk (in collaboration with Dan Szuc).
- At the end of the month, I’ll be in Sydney for UX Australia, where I’ll be leading The Designer is Present workshop and doing a presentation about the War Stories.
- In September, I’m doing a
full-day workshop on user research at UX-STRAT in Boulderand a half-day workshop about synthesizing field data at EuroIA in Brussels.
- Ten years gone: From August 2004 – Correlation is not causation, The Bill Dulmage Radio and Television Archive.
- What we’re consuming: Tsujita, The Ladies’ Gunboat Society at Flores, The Tasting Kitchen, Gjelina, Stella Barra, Donut Friend, DK’s Donuts & Bakery, Chocolatier Blue, Huckleberry Bakery & Cafe, La Isla Bonita, Arts District