This Week @ Portigal
- We have had great discussions so far with our main client as we’ve been reviewing and refining their strategic plan for growth and innovation. I’ll be working over the next couple of weeks to finalize this.
- I will be leading a full-day workshop on Immersive Field Techniques at UX-STRAT in Boulder in September.
- Going to UX Australia? You should register now for my workshop The Designer is Present. This will be the first time doing this workshop, since we debuted it at Fluxible in 2013.
- Last week we published Ari’s War Story. More coming this week, the first later today.
- Grant Carmichael posted a great set of photos from my workshop at IxDA Grand Rapids.
- Out on the town this week, I’ll be at the Ammunition anniversary party on Thursday night.
- Elsewhere, I wish I could make it to Philly this Thursday to see Jessica Ivins talk about Beyond Pink & Blue: Gender, User Behavior & the Design Process or Atlanta on Thursday to see Jenn Downs speak about preparation and confidence in user research.
- Ten years gone: From July 2004 – FreshMeat column reporting on the Licensing tradeshow, Creepy words-on-your-face Best Buy ad, Angry Boy beverage.
- What we’re consuming: Hakata ramen, Yossi, Allegra, Californication.