This Week @ Portigal
Hello to a short week.
- This week is all about the planning. Talks in Portland (CHIFOO is next week), Brooklyn (announcement imminent) and Grand Rapids (ditto). Also working on new plans and schemes for talks and workshops in Denver, London (hopefully), and Buenos Aires.
- I’ve also kicked off a short project to build a longer-range plan for a client’s re-envisioning strategy. Jargon-y but fun! I’ll be headed to Boston in early June to dig into that work in earnest, so now I’m just setting the stage for that.
- Did you see last week’s War Stories from Rachel, Doug and Jon? Did you notice that they all are based in Portland??!!!
- We’re exploring some new marketing to support Interviewing Users.
- Also slated for for this week is introductions to new (prospective) clients, developing a work plan for a team I just met with and some exploratory conversations about collaborations with a colleague I admire immensely.
- Ten years gone: From May 2004 – Asking questions, Slot machine UX, The More The Merrier published at Core77, Loft subdivisions.
- What we’re consuming: The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford, Chubby Noodle, North Beach history, Rogue beer, Facebook Privacy Dinosaur, Frick wine, David Lynch’s Return of the Jedi.