This Week @ Portigal
The weeketh beginneth, all!
- I’m in Boston with my client today and tomorrow, with one day to talk through the findings and implications of the research and another to workshop ideas for new products and features. It’s been a long haul with this project and I’m pretty excited about the culmination.
- Later this week I will be getting transcripts from fieldwork that I was not involved in, as I continue to coach this new (to me) team on uncovering the strategic opportunities that their research is pointing to.
- We’ve got a new War Story! Check out Lindsay’s story: Sexism In The City. More to come (and please get in touch with your story! We want more more more!)
- Proposals are in for a couple of exciting collaborations, and seeds are being sown on my behalf for some other coaching and advising gigs. I can’t wait!
- Don’t forget, this Thursday, I will be the guest on Mariposa’s Wise Talk, speaking about Interviewing Users. Sign up here and join us!
- Also on Thursday, I will be presenting Building the muscles of innovators (via Skype or similar) at uxWaterloo.
- Next week, I’ll be one of several speakers at a day-long virtual event, 32 Awesomely Practical UX Tips. You can use the discount code STEVE for 20% off!
- Ten years gone: From April 2004 – No, I’m not French, Wild West Theme Parks – in Europe, Justin Hall and our IDSA panel, FreshMeat #21: The More The Merrier.
- What we’re consuming: A Brief History of John Baldessari, James Rebhorn, Like A Rolling Sex Machine, How to Do a Research Interview, Klosterman on Kiss.