This Week @ Portigal
I’m back to 90% of normal health today, after a long week of general confusion and extended napping. I was fortunate that we cancelled last week’s Boston trip in the face of a tremendous snowstorm.
- We did last week’s kickoff over WebEx. It was a disappointing not to be in the same room as everyone and put faces to names, but they closed their office due to the storm and most people called in from home anyway. I’ll finish up meeting with the final project stakeholder today. The next big step is to line up the hospitals we’ll be visiting and despite having weeks of lead time, the team is feeling pretty nervous about being able to pull it off. We’re supporting them with some best practices about how to ask for a site’s involvement.
- Networking this week includes offering some coaching on writing a book, and strengthening my own connections with folks I can pull in for projects.
- I’m involved in some early planning conversations for speaking at a really interesting internal corporate event.
- On the town this week, I’m looking forward to seeing a presentation on Design Thinking from Julie Baher this Thursday in San Francisco.
- Ten years gone: From February 2004 – Chagall at Costco, AOLiza, Found Typography.
- What we’re consuming: True Detective, Allman Brothers Band, ramen.