This Week @ Portigal
Happy 2014! I took yesterday off, driving from Vancouver to Seattle, then flying home from Seattle to San Francisco. Of course, a “day off” is a relative term, since I spent much of the travel dealing with scheduling meetings, having pre-meeting check-ins, and so on. Anyway, today we’re back!
- I see they’ve announced the students who will be going to Amsterdam for the IxDA Student Design Challenge. I was excited to see that one of the winning entries was one that I had reviewed and was very enthusiastic about. Good luck!
- This week is so far peppered with meetings about collaborations, projects, fieldwork, helping teams develop and more. Whew!
- Next week I’ll be teaching a workshop about Interviewing Users at Code for America. Can’t wait to meet everyone!
- CHIFOO in Portland, OR has announced their 2014 speaker series I’ll be giving a new talk, about the War Stories, in June.
- Ten years gone: From January 2004 – customers are on their own at eBay, “Internet-Toy”, The Matrix Reloaded, local edition.
- What we’re consuming: Lynda Kay, Mob City, Archives Be Damned 2000, Corny milkshake/chicken karagge waffle sandwiches.