This Week @ Portigal
April 23rd, 2012
Monday is well underway and the week is filling up with meetings and work sessions! Away we go!
- Last week we kicked off a super-rapid project. We didn’t know we were doing the project at the beginning of the week and by the end of the week we had started recruiting research participants. This week we’re lining up our participants and figuring out what we’ll do in the field.
- I’m calling it “collaborative listening” – thanks to our officemate Olly, we’re experimenting with some networked speakers that lets us all listen to music together instead of individually over headphones. This will mean sorting out some social norms around volume, phone calls, and musical tastes. But so far, so good (oh yeah, because we’re listening to my music right now!)…
- We’re hosting our first event later this week. We’ve invited a small number of folks for a discussion and will be sharing more once it’s all over. But we’re actively discussing our catering options right now!
- More conference submissions to prepare, more conference acceptances to announce, and more conference presentations to start getting together!
- This week we’ve begun reaching out to potential new teammates, partners, and collaborators. We don’t know where we’ll end up but the journey is sure to be an informative one.
- What we’re consuming: A Visit From The Goon Squad, The Firestarter Sessions, Pizzeria Delfina
Steve in the UK, coming right up
July 4th, 2008
Less than a year after my last trip to London, I’m headed back to the UK – to Sheffield – to give the opening keynote at DRS2008 (Design Research Society conference), offering my perspectives on disciplinarity and rigour. If you’re attending the conference, drop me a note so I’ll know to look for you.
I’m also bookending the time in Sheffield with a few days in London before and after. It’d be great to meet up with firms and folks interested in culture, design, and innovation (etc.). I could probably throw together a little presentation or discussion starter for your team. Get in touch if you’d like me to stop by.
Steve in Trafalgar Square, 1990, photo by Richard Wintle
Steve in Trafalgar Square, 2007, photo by Avi Soudack
See more pictures from my London trip in 2007 here.
August 13th, 2007
Looks like I’ll be in London for the first half of September; my first trip there in 17 years. I’ll be mostly focused on the work I’m doing but do hope to meet up with readers of this blog/folks I know. Drop me a line and let’s see if we can set it up.
Steve in London, 1990 (I still have that shirt!)
Bigotry is the new networking
January 22nd, 2007
Here we go again. From the Isaiah Washington slur flap
I welcome the chance to meet with leaders of the gay and lesbian community to apologize in person and to talk about what I can do to heal the wounds I’ve opened.
Now that’s how to get a meeting.