By Steve Portigal at 11:41 am, Monday October 08 2012
Hello, week, and happy Thanksgiving, Canada! This is our story for the next few days…
- The waiting is indeed the hardest part. We have an exciting new project that was supposed to start last week. We had hoped for this week. Now we’re looking at next week (at least that’s our assumption). We’re shifting our focus to other endeavors and are awaiting The Word so we can revise schedules for the next couple of months.
- Four presentations this week: Design research basics for the Wisconsin School of Business, Design Thinking for Business Class, improv and creativity at Carleton University, Muscles not Methods at Carleton University, and the closing keynote at UX Camp Ottawa, The Power of Bad Ideas. Whew.
- I’ve made some great progress on the next draft of the book, really enjoying the detailed questions and tweaks from the editors. And, we’ve got a finalized title: Interviewing Users: How to Uncover Compelling Insights!
- Ten years gone: From October 2002 – shuttle bus encounters, faucet innovations, cleaning a telemarketer list.
- What we’re consuming: Mozzeria, A Tree With Roots, Anki.