By Steve Portigal at 7:24 am, Monday August 20 2012
What’s going on this week:
- Fieldwork! This morning I’m in Salem, OR with the client talking to users about their businesses. I’m flying home tonight, hopefully with a stop in Portland for something delicious. More interviews in Phoenix the rest of this week.
- Sadly, a project I was bidding on, with a really great group, didn’t come through because that team’s timeline didn’t line up with our availability. But as always, doors close and others open. We’re talking with another organization about a fascinating project with a talented team and I’m keep fingers crossed that timing won’t be a deal breaker for them as well.
- I leave on Wednesday for Sydney. There will be a meetup next Monday at The Beresford. Get in touch for details. Then it’s UX Australia in Brisbane and Service Design Melbourne after that.
- Coming very soon – details for the IxD13 Student Design Challenge.
- Check out my SXSW proposal for The Power of Bad Ideas. Please vote yes and add your comments.
- Ten years gone: From August 2002 – Fresh Meat #15, Rashomon: 1, 2, 3, 4
- What we’re consuming: NTSF:SD:SUV:, Voodoo Doughnut, Paul Calf, Salt & Straw.