By Steve Portigal at 1:37 pm, Monday April 30 2012
It’s a gorgeous sunny Monday here in Pacifica (stay away fog, stay away!) and we’re on our way into another interesting week.
- Later this week we’re taking our clients and their prototype out into the field to meet users. We’re also exploring how people are using a brand new product, something no one on our client team has any idea about, so we’re expecting a very cool experience. Meanwhile, Tamara is printing out materials, putting incentives in envelopes, charging batteries, picking meetup and debrief locations and other organizing the hell out of the whole process.
- We’ll be launching a new feature here devoted to war stories from field work.
- Steve gets his revising on, hopefully wrapping up the next iteration of the book manuscript.
- We’ve put away all the leftover snacks from our event last week and Tamara will be posting some of the highlights (of the discussion, not necessarily the snacks).
- Out and about: Look for us at the inauguration of the new Orange Silicon Valley office, at SF Service Design Drinks, or the Tangible UX Happy Hour.
- Steve will be heading over to Mozilla to speak with UX researchers and designers about how to synthesize user research data.
- We’ll be making at least one announcement about an upcoming conference presentation, and in a wonderful location!
- While it’s not quite American Idol level of tension and suspense, we’ll be chatting with more people this week about collaborating with and even joining our team.
- What we’re consuming: Roadie, head rubs, margaritas.