Get our latest article: Some Different Approaches to Making Stuff
My latest interactions column, Some Different Approaches to Making Stuff, has just been published.
I propose an incomplete framework for how companies go about making stuff (products, services, miscellaneous). In characterizing this as incomplete, I hope to hear about other approaches that will flesh out the framework.
- Be a Genius and Get It Right
- Be a Genius and Get It Wrong
- Don’t Ask Customers If This Is What They Want
- Do Whatever Any Customer Asks
- Understand Needs and Design to Them
Get a PDF of the article here.
To receive a copy of the article, send an email to steve AT portigal DOT com and (if you haven’t given us this info before) tell us your name, organization, and title. We’ll send you a PDF.
- Persona Non Grata
- Everybody’s Talkin’ At Me
- The Journey Is The Reward
- Hold Your Horses
- Living In The Overlap
- Poets, Priests, and Politicians
- Interacting With Advertising
- Ships in the Night (Part I): Design Without Research?
- Ships in the Night (Part II): Research Without Design?
- We Are Living in a Sci-Fi World
- On Authenticity
- The Hard Work Lies Ahead (If You Want It)
- What to Expect When You’re Not Expecting It
- Elevator Pitch
- Kilroy Was Here
- Never Eat Anything Raw
- Content, the Once and Future King